I, Emily Katsuno am committed to protecting your personal information and web-based data in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). This includes any information you tell me about yourself, as well as anything I learn by having you as a student.
How I collect personal data
All the personal data I collect comes directly from you, in a number of ways. These include:
• when you provide your phone or email directly to me at an event,
• complete forms I provide to you for classes, one2one sessions, workshops, courses retreats and events,
• contact me by phone, email, or communicate with me directly in some other way (such as social media).
Your Personal Details
Your privacy is important to me and as such I will not release your personal details to any other organisation or third party.
What Personal Data Do I Collect and How do I Use it?
• Name (first and surname) – to identify who you are
• Email – purely to communicate with you directly/personally, about a specific event I am part of or when opted-in on my mailing list. My mailing list goes out to notify you about classes I am teaching, when I am away and if they are cancelled. I also notify you about courses, workshops, retreats or special offers I may be running. I will only every notify you about an event I am actively involved in as yoga teacher or space holder. You have the option to update your email preferences or unsubscribe at any time by emailing me and requesting to do so.
• Telephone Number – for direct contact if this is your preferred mode of contact.
• Yoga Experience and Special Requirements (such as health conditions and dietary needs) – when attending yoga therapy sessions, pregnancy yoga classes, events and retreats where this information is needed to provide you the best support and care for your experience at the session/event/retreat.
Purpose of processing: I use your information to communicate with you and keep you updated with what I am offering as a yoga teacher or space holder.
Legal basis of processing: My legal basis for collecting this information from you is that it is in my legitimate interest to use your personal information to ensure I am providing you with a service that is the best and most relevant for you as well as to respond to any requests you make or feedback provided about the service that I deliver.
Data storage period: I review data annually to ensure that it is still relevant and necessary. Data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and stored or disposed of securely.
Links to other websites
You have the following rights under the GDPR & in relation to the personal information I hold about you:
1. The right to be informed that your data and information is held
2. The right to access your data
3. The right to update and correct your data
4. The right to erase your data
5. The right to restrict your data being processed
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
This Policy will be amended from time-to-time if I make any important changes in the way I collect, store and use personal data. I recommend that you check for updates to this Policy from time to time but I will notify you directly about changes to this Policy or the way I use your personal data when I am legally required to do so.
To contact me with any questions about this policy, or to access any information I have about you, you can contact me via email email@example.com or by phone 07941337806